Sunday 5 May 2013

Monash Talent Show 2013

The Monash South Africa University is having a talent show on the 17th of May 2013. I shall be signing up under the dance category.
Since I have observed that a majority of the viewers of this blog expect more traditional African 'stuff' to be posted, I shall be showing off my dance moves of 'Coupe decale' from Cote d'Ivoire, 'Kuduro' from Angola, 'Azonto' from Ghana and 'Etighi' from Nigeria. These are currently the the top dance styles in Africa, and by God I and my dance partner shall deliver them with elan.
A video of my performance will be posted on this blog after the 17th of May.
Here are videos of the Angolan Kuduro dance, Ghanian Azonto dance, and Cote d'Ivoire's exuberant Coupe decale dance (Skip to 4:46 on the last video for the main dances)



Remember to skip to 4:46 on this next video:

No comments:

Post a Comment