Saturday 9 February 2013

My Week

Sorry I've not posted in a while. It's just that I've been so busy making preparations for my return to school, updating my book, and lazying away the remaining time.

I got to open a forex account to begin earning money for myself - my first step on the path to independence. I traded $145 for two days, and now I'm left with $98 (I lost $47). I guess I just have to keep practicing.

I attended the Women of Destiny (WOD) 7th Anniversary today. The WOD is a Christian ministry founded by my mum, and because 98.9% of the congregation are women (particularly old women, who in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa, are referred to as 'Mama'), attending their services isn't something I do by choice. My mum forces me to go, despite the objections of my dad who thinks that It's inappropriate for a young boy to be flung into the midst of old women who love to shake their asses to the rhythmic drums.

The service was all right, except for the following:
- A call for testimonies was made and about 8 women came out. Regardless of the pastor's emphasis on time (we ended up spending 6 hours there), each of the women who were to verbalize their testimonies sang a song before actually telling us what they were there to tell. One would come forth and say, Baba (the title they usually use to refer to God) told me to sing this song Music♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

- The little children scampering close to where I sat kept releasing gas through the service. I had to loosen my bow tie and take some air outside at intervals to survive their farts.

I haven't gone far in my book. In fact, I had to change the entire plot. None of the initial characters I started with are present in this new plot. Nevertheless, I'm sure that this new story will turn out to be better than the one I first had in mind. Perhaps I'll get back to that one when the current book is finished.
I would tell you about what the new one's about, but some people might steal my idea. It's very original, and has never been done before. It explains the supernatural world as no other supernatural or sci-fi movie or book has ever done. 
The best thing about the plot and the feature that make it up, is that it will be something that a reader would think possible and highly believable. The existence of the supernatural world will seem logical after one reads my book. In the course of an exciting fictional story, many anomalous aspects of the world will be explained - including the variation between the spiritual supernatural and the physical supernatural, and how they operate on laws that differ, but mold the general laws of the Earth. 
Sounds intense doesn't it?

I'll be traveling to South Africa on the 20th of this month. Although lectures in school begin on the 4th of March, 11 days of runs (runs is a Nigerian slang used to describe activities like partying, spending money, and general worldly delectation) won't be bad right?
Last semester saw me being a solitary douche bag. After the first two weeks of fun, I just backslid into an unsociable attitude. I stayed in my room, only getting out for lectures. I didn't call my friends, or visit them often. It wasn't actually deliberate; it was more of an unconscious behaviour. Even the girls I knew that liked me never got any reciprocal actions from me. I didn't call them or visit. One girl told me where she stayed (it was the next street from my street), and I didn't go visit her until the eleventh week of our meeting; and it was my good friend Kuda (He's Zimbabwean), who reminded me and told me that she'd been expecting my visit.

But all that is going to change. I'll drop my douche bag ways and reignite my trodden friendships. I just hope my new predilections would not hold me back. I developed strong interest in the research of world mysterious sites and anomalies. I guess my book demands me to have knowledge of them. 

I think that's all that happened this week. Please pardon me, I'm beginning to lose my creativity, and thus I'm getting a bit boring. But I promise that when I get to school, where my days would be filled with experiences, I will be sure to post good stuff right here. Perhaps on the 25th, I'll post all that transpired during my journey and during the weekend.

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment