Saturday 19 January 2013

7-Day Solitude Exercise: Day One

This is my account of what I'm experiencing during the 7-Day solitary exercise which I'm carrying out in my room. It may be a bit dramatic though.
 
Saturday 19th January 2013

I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I never knew it would be this difficult!
This is my first day I've spent in solitary confinement. I have been given neither food nor water.

The sight of this cell increases my hunger. I'ts grimy walls, embellished with writings and drawings - which I must say were done by very artistic criminals - are an intolerable sight.
I am not the only creature in this cell. There are about six, eight, twelve, eighteen, other beings with me. The difference between me and them is that I'm human, and they're not.

Oh how these mosquitoes annoy me! Sucking my blood anytime they get thirsty! Like I'm their food storage.
The sound they make with their flapping wings is their most annoying feature. Yes! I killed one! This one sucked a lot of blood from me. It though it could just get away with it right?
As aggravating as these creatures are, it would be nice to be one of them. Being tiny enough to fly through the keyhole of the door. Perhaps I could even fly off to the Chief warden's office and suck his blood. I would aim for his neck. It would be nice to see him scratch his neck repeatedly.

These pesky little rats! They're everywhere! The little creatures scuttle around like it's their hood or something. I can hear their little squeaks of laughter. Calling me names...mocking me. What the?! One just called me a sissy!
They may be little, but they have their freedom. I watch them crawling out of the cell through the small space under the door.
I wish I were as tiny as these things; I could walk in and out just like they do.

Sometimes, I hear footsteps behind the door, in the hallway, warders passing; inspecting the closure of every cell door. i like to hear the people walking outside the cell; it reminds me that I'm still alive.
I wish I were a warder. Oh what power he possesses. He has the power to unlock the door and set me free. I would set myself free if I were a warder.
 
I told you it may be a bit dramatic...okay, very dramatic...and exaggerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment