Friday 11 January 2013

About Me

I'm an 18 year old Economics and Management first year student of Monash University of south Africa. When I first arrived at the university, Economics was my sole target. However, when I heard about the double major programme, I took up Management as my second major. Now I'm beginning to love Management more than I love Economics.
 
I love to write and read. I read just about anything (from novels to science articles) that interests me. I'm particularly interested in the paranormal and weird things in general. I love reading about unusual and awkward true stories.
For example:
                                    
                           Bra for the boys an online bestseller in Japan

Who said bras are only for women? A Japanese online lingerie retailer is selling bras for cross-dressing men and they've quickly become one of its most popular items.
Since launching two weeks ago on Rakuten, a major Japanese web shopping mall, the Wishroom shop has sold over 300 men's bras for 2,800 yen ($30) each. The shop also stocks men's panties, as well as lingerie for women.
 "I like this tight feeling. It feels good," Wishroom representative Masayuki Tsuchiya told Reuters as he modeled the bra, which can be worn discreetly under men's clothing.
Wishroom Executive Director Akiko Okunomiya said she was surprised at the number of men who were looking for their inner woman.
"I think more and more men are becoming interested in bras. Since we launched the men's bra, we've been getting feedback from customers saying 'wow, we'd been waiting for this for such a long time'," she said.

Source: weirdnews

I currently manage four blogs which differ greatly in content. I'm also working on a sci-fi supernatural novel titled 'Psychics' (for now). You can check out the prologue of the novel here: Working on a Novel. 
The book's about a group of people with different abilities who have a common ability to perceive and interact with the supernatural realm. I'm trying as much as possible to make this book as 'scientifically supernatural' as possible. The story will appeal to both science fans and supernatural fans. For instance, I explain in scientific detail how it's possible for humans to see the realm of the supernatural. 
I've also sculptured each character to be unique and have their own storyline and conflict. This is the first book I've ever been serious about. 

Many people say I act a lot older than my age. I dress and speak differently from my peers. I guess it's because my idea of cool is Sherlock Holmes. Even my mum has complained about this.
One time I approached my mum to request for some money.

"Mum, please may I  procure some money in order to-"

"My friend!" This is Nigerian for 'What the hell!"

"Stop speaking like you're from 21st century England!"


However, people get surprised and even shocked whenever I step on the dance floor. Seriously, I love dancing and showing off my dance moves. I'm a very good dancer...or so they say. For all those guys that want to get the ladies at clubs, learn to dance uniquely. Trust me, it works for me.

I don't know how to play any musical instrument. I only play the drum a little. But I'd love to learn the guitar and the piano. The piano has always looked so hard because of its many keys. There was a time when I actually thought people who sing and play the piano simultaneously are aliens or some creature with two brains. I want to learn the saxophone because I think it's pretty romantic and would be a great instrument to play to my girlfriend.
The sort of music I listen to are the sort of music most teenagers DO NOT listen to. I like jazz, soul, R & B, some pop and hip hop. I also listen to some old school music.
My favourite artists are The Dream, Robin Thicke, Maxwell, Frank Ocean, Andre 3000, Ludacris, Alicia Keys, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Pharell, Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot and David Guetta.

I love dogs...or rather, harmless looking dogs. I'm really afraid of big dogs. Heck everyone is.
As for cats, I hate them with all my heart. I've always been afraid of cats since I was a kid. I guess it's mainly because of a story that my maid told me when I was six.
She said she was using the toilet one night when there was no electricity in the house; so the bathroom was dark. She looked up and saw a cat standing still on the window ledge. She told me she yelled 'Jesus!' and the cat ran away, or vanished (can't really remember).
Most Nigerian cultures have superstitions of cats being witches' pets and all that. That's why I've always suspected every cat to be evil. 

I like to stay mysterious. A lot of people find me interesting because of this. I also like to take occasional breaks of solitude from everyone. For about 2 weeks, I don't call or visit anyone. Although it's a bad habit, I love the period of incommunicado; it's relaxing.

Thank you for reading this post, and the blog itself. Please subscribe or follow me on google+ if you can.
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment