Friday 18 January 2013

One Week Break From Soceity (including the internet)


 

Okay, this sounds crazy, but it's a necessary action. I started writing my book last month. Since then, I've only been at 5000 words.
I blame it on the internet because, well, the internet's the only thing to blame.

This seven-day solitary confinement (in my room) means:
1. I shall not answer my phone calls (unless they're from my parents);

2. I shall neither send nor reply text messages (unless they're from my parents);

3. I shall not chat online (even if my parents send messages);

4. I shall stay in my room, never to come out unless I need to eat or answer my parents' summon;

5. I shall type not less than 2000 words per day - making 14,000 words at the end of this exercise;

6. I shall only use the internet to post on my blogs which need regular updating;

These are the 6 commandments of solitary confinement, which will guide my journey to finishing my book in time.

If I survive this, I want you all to know that I appreciate you reading my blog. Thank you for the support and the encouragement.
And please make sure you read my latest comical short story titled 'Snake in the Pot'

No comments:

Post a Comment