Wednesday 12 December 2012

December 12th

I could hear the chirping of the birds, the rustling of the leaves and the repeated sound of a machine outside! My God! aren't they aware that people are asleep?!
I looked at the clock; it was 11 pm. I had woken up late again.
The noise I heard came from outside where the roads were being repaired. There were several machineries involved in the work, and they each generated loud annoying noise.

I managed to get off bed and take a look outside. The roads were all destroyed by these machines in a bid to repair them. However, with just a little patience, all the roads will get fixed.

I had absolutely no plans for today. There was still no electricity for the fourth day in a row, and this was beginning to be a frustrating dilemma. Although we turned on our private power generator in the evenings, it was not sufficient for our daily electricity-involved activities to be undertaken.
I went to the kitchen to grab a bite, but I couldn't find anything that would satisfy me. So I decided to cook noodles. On a normal day, I'd prefer to eat an already prepared meal rather than cook. But this wasn't a normal day. Plus it'd take my mind off the boredom that was the theme of the day.

Whenever i cook noodles, I always make it as healthy as possible. So I add stuff like onions, garlic, ginger, and several vegetables. Soon, the smell of the food diffused and even reached girls room upstairs. Suddenly, I heard a door open, then the footsteps of two people running downstairs. These were my two elder sisters. they came running downstairs when they perceived my food.
My noodles are famous in my home. People who taste it always beg for more. At first I enjoyed the compliments, but then everytime I start to cook for myself, people get attracted and I eventually have to cook more. That's why I began to cook it discretely. However, the powerful scent that the noodles give off is way too strong for me to control.
"Noodles!" they exclaimed almost simultaneously
"yes noodles" I responded with a defeated tone
I knew what I had to do. I cooked some more and shared it all.

Harry, my high school classmate, current close friend and neighborhood pal, came to my place because he too was bored at his home. I was glad because I now had a friend to be bored with.
We talked and laughed a lot. We mostly talked about school and the parties we attended last semester.
I then invited him to a party that's taking place on Friday at a small french school called 'Alliance Francais'.
One thing's for sure - However boring the party might be, it'll not be as bad as staying home doing nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment