Saturday 8 December 2012

December 8th: Creating the blog


As uninteresting, lack-luster, mundane, boring (I could go on) as today was, I couldn't help but feel excited about starting a blog that's completely unique...and by that I mean 'about me'. But first, let me introduce myself.

(For security purposes, I am going to be using an alias)
My name is Karl Masala. I am 18 and I'm Nigerian. For those of you who aren't au fait with the country, it's located in Western Africa and it's the most populated country and one of the fastest developing countries in Africa.
I come from a family of six, or seven, or maybe eight. Forgive this error but I'm seriously not sure if the two girls and a guy staying with us are currently my legal siblings.
 *Let me explain. I have two sisters and one brother (all blood related). However, staying with us are three others (whom I aforementioned) who are siblings. Their parents are late so they're staying with us permanently*

Now that that's wrapped up, let's proceed. I live in a state called Kaduna. It is in the Northern region of Nigeria. Kaduna is among the few states that are being terrorized by an Islamist extrimists collectively known as 'Boko Haram'. Don't panic though, it's not like Iraq where you hear gun shots and bombs on a normal day; just a few explosions here and there...nothing too grand to worry about.

I'm from a middle class family and I'm a first year student at a university in South Africa (not to be mentioned for security reasons also). My hobbies are dancing, watching sci-fi movies, comedy, and crime movies. 
Anyhoo, I'm a reader and a writer. I have a thing for comedy as well.
I think that's all you need to know about me for now. You'll get more info as the blog progresses.

I'm really excited about this blog and I really hope it works out (cos this has never been attempted before). I also hope it'll serve as an effective means by which misconceptions about Nigeria and Africa could be corrected through the acquisition of info from a teenage 'insider' (who obviously watches a lot of foreign movies). 
THE STORIES WILL COMMENCE TOMORROW: DECEMBER 9TH

Please don't forget to like my post and share with your pals ;)
You could also follow me on twitter @funnymaniac

No comments:

Post a Comment