Saturday 22 December 2012

Working on a Novel

Last night, I got inspiration to start writing a serious novel. I got on my laptop and typed the first 2000 words. This is the highest number of words I've typed in a day writing a story.

Usually, I never finish any story that I start. I get tired, fatigued, frustrated, bored and well, I just give up.
However, this year, my innovation boomed and I had to start writing full time.

The title of the story is 'Psychic Chronicles' (although I'll probably change the name eventually).
The story is based partly on Ambrose Bierce's article on the way humans think that the regular operations of nature is all there is to this world.
There are individuals that have the ability to heighten their senses to the point of tearing through the mendacity that humans call 'Reality'. Here is the prologue of the story:

The world is not all that it seems to be. Humans think they know everything, but in reality, their knowledge is limited to what they see and perceive.

There are objects which the human eyes cannot see; colors which are unfeasibly unidentifiable; and sounds that are impossible to hear.

Humans think that the orderly operations of familiar natural laws are all there is about the place we call earth. However, there is more to the world than meets the eye.
There are forces in existence that are so inexplicable, that the humans ignore them as insignificant anomalies.
Due to the incomprehensibility of these forces, and how they seem incongruous with the normal human laws and logical paradigms, human researchers neglect them and term them ‘inane’.

However, there are certain people whose senses are so perspicacious that they are able to break through the barrier of the superficial human world into the world of anomalies and logical irregularities.

These individuals have the ability to see and interact with the unknown. Since the creation of man, these people have been in existence. Known by many names by many cultures all over the world, their abilities have been kept secret from the rest of the world.
In modern times, they are known as ‘Psychics’.


I really hope I'll be able to NOT give up and abandon this story just like I've done with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment