Saturday 22 December 2012

Conclusion of 'Party with Vanessa' and Christmas Preparation

The party with Vanessa and her two friends was really fun. We didn't leave the place until 9 pm. It was a good think my dad had traveled and my mum never noticed my absence.
At seven o'clock we had left the place. Vanessa and her two friends drove away in the car they came with.
Before she left, we talked alone for a while.

"I really enjoyed myself" she said, swaying her body from side to side.
 
"I also did. I think we both needed it."

A few seconds of silence succeeded.Then I spoke.

"Well, I believe it's time for us to depart. I'm sure my mum's in front of my home waiting for me with her handgun"

Laughter ensued after my statement.

"Karl, I'll have to be going home now, else you'll keep me here all night"

With that, Vanessa move forward and gave me a quick kiss my cheek.

"Goodnight Karl"

"Night Vanessa"

Best night ever! Well, not actually my best night, but you know what I mean.

                                                                            ***

Christmas preparation in my home began yesterday (21st December). Maybe my parents didn't want to waste any money buying stuff until we were past 21st (when the world supposedly should have ended). If the world had ended, then their money would have gone to waste.

We made a traditional Nigerian Christmas delicacy called 'chin chin'. For more information about the chin chin, ask Google.
My dad bought drinks and many chickens. We were fowl rich!
In Nigeria, very few families had Christmas trees and decorations during Christmas. This is so in my home. The house looked as ordinary as it did in May.

My mum's going on a two week pilgrimage to Jerusalem, Rome... tomorrow. This means she won't be around for Christmas and New Year. This also means (more painfully) that we'll be stuck with dad for two weeks.
Dad is extra vigilant during Christmas. It's like his powers of being watchful reach their peak during the Christmas period.
Two weeks of no partying, no noise, no receiving visitors without interrogation from my dad; and no going out after six o'clock. It always seems to know what we do secretly and openly. It's like he has a spy amongst us. I've always suspected my younger brother to be the snitch, because they often speak...a little too often.

But on the bright side...well, there is no bright side. I guess we'll just have to do it the old fashioned way...sneaking out. It's time to embrace my secret agent skills.





No comments:

Post a Comment