Saturday 15 December 2012

December 15th: Summary

I didn't achieve anything at all this week. I just hope that the months will pass by real quick because I want to get back to school in February.
Staying home has made me lazier than I usually am. Therefore, it's because of this laziness that I have decided to stop posting on this blog daily. Instead, I will post only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Although this is not a rigid rule (I may post on days when I feel inspired).
So let me brief you on what happened on Thursday and Friday (as I didn't post on those days).

Thursday:
I still didn't receive a notification from the bank concerning my account creation. I had to go back there and inquire again. I was then told that if I didn't get the notification on that day or Friday, then I should return on Monday. It was when I went home that I discovered I had been checking the wrong email account for the notification! I checked the correct one and found the alert (sent since Wednesday). 

Vanessa called me today. I was busy on my laptop when my phone rang. This annoyed me because whenever I'm typing, I never like interruptions. But when I grabbed the phone I saw it was Vanessa. I had been so busy that I had forgotten to call her since Tuesday.
"Vanessa, how are you?"
"Hmm so you couldn't call me ba?"
"It's not like that, due to the many things keeping me busy, I forgot to call"
"That's what you always say"
"I'm serious. You know I'm a very busy man" This was something I usually say whenever I give excuses for lateness or not calling.
"So busy that you forgot to call your girl after about a year"
"Okay I'm out of excuses, let me just say I'm sorry"
"That's not enough for me to forgive you"
"Then what can do for expiation?" I asked, "How about I take you out on Saturday?"
"Hmm, I think that will do. But Saturday won't do, I'll be busy then. You know I'm a very busy woman"
With a short chuckle I said "all right, how about this, there's a party on Sunday. Why don't we go together?"
"It's settled then"
"Plus it'll give me a chance to see the dance moves you learned in Ghana"
"and those you learned in South Africa"
That was it; I had officially gotten a date with Vanessa.

Friday
Today, the only thing I looked forward to was the party at Alliance Francais. However, I sensed the party would be boring ('Sensing' the level of fun in a future party is an ability I got when I accidentally touched a radioactive party mix CD).
Immediately I woke up in the morning, I went on my PC. I was watching 'The Mentalist' (this season movie is addictive).
I watched till I got hungry. I got some food and went back to the PC. I watched till I got hungry, again. I got some food and went back to watching. And so the circle continued...
The party was by 6 pm and it was 5:25 when I began to prepare. I took my bath, wore some nice things and wore my cologne. Had you seen me, you'd would have fallen for me instantly ;)

But then a sudden prang of laziness came over me. I just didn't feel like going to town y 6pm for a party I knew would turn out boring. I deliberated in for a long time (2 minutes) and decided not to go. Then I called my sis who was already at the party. I asked her if the party was 'happening', and she told me yes. I heard a faint sound of music in the background and thought "If the party was happening, the music would've been louder than that" (I was looking for the littlest excuse not to go). Besides, I don't trust my sis. The party may be funereal and she'd say it was the bomb.
So I stayed home.

Saturday
I'll be going to a really fun party tomorrow with Vanessa. So that will make up for the parties I've missed through out the month. I'm gonna get it down!
On Wednesday, I'll let you know how it went ;) 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment